The Missouri Press Service, the originating newspaper and the participating newspapers reserve the right to reject and/or edit any ad. Specifically, the Missouri Press Service will not accept the following advertisements:
* No work-at-home advertisements, unless reviewed & accepted by Missouri Press Service.
* Business opportunity and investment ads that do not disclose the type of business to be invested in, and/or the amount of investment required.
* Ads promising large salaries or commissions.
* Any advertising that could be misinterpreted by the readers.
* No 1-800 or 1-900 ads for dating services or talk to guys/girls ads.
* In poor taste, offensive, false, misleading, deceptive or otherwise unacceptable.
* Advertising not in compliance with state and federal regulations.
* Advertising that request money be sent through the mail.
* Advertising that offers employment and equipment offers through listing publications.
* Advertising claiming bad credit repair/fix credit or similar programs.
* Overseas employment.
* 1-900 telephone numbers.
* No government job ads, unless reviewed & approved by Missouri Press Service.
* No diet pills, drug or diet ads.
* No cruise ads.
* No scholarship/grant ads.
Acceptance of advertising may be subjected to business and/or Better Business reference checks.
Wednesday May 8th
Yesterday was teacher day. Did you thank someone for their contributions to education? Tell us about them! Thank you to the thousands of teachers across Missouri who partner with their community newspapers to enrich the curriculum by using the newspaper in their classrooms through Newspaper In Education programs! http://mopress. Link
Tuesday May 7th
We'd like to introduce Mark and welcome him to our team! Mark Nienhueser of Jefferson City, vice president of sales and recruiting for Servicenoodle.com, has been hired as the new advertising director for Missouri Press Service, Inc. Link
Wednesday April 17th
1999 MPA President, Hall of Famer Dies. Robert Wood Wilson, 78, of Milan, Missouri passed away Sunday, April 14, 2013 at St. Link