The Missouri Press Service, the originating newspaper and the participating newspapers reserve the right to reject and/or edit any ad. Specifically, the Missouri Press Service will not accept the following advertisements:
* No work-at-home advertisements, unless reviewed & accepted by Missouri Press Service.
* Business opportunity and investment ads that do not disclose the type of business to be invested in, and/or the amount of investment required.
* Ads promising large salaries or commissions.
* Any advertising that could be misinterpreted by the readers.
* No 1-800 or 1-900 ads for dating services or talk to guys/girls ads.
* In poor taste, offensive, false, misleading, deceptive or otherwise unacceptable.
* Advertising not in compliance with state and federal regulations.
* Advertising that request money be sent through the mail.
* Advertising that offers employment and equipment offers through listing publications.
* Advertising claiming bad credit repair/fix credit or similar programs.
* Overseas employment.
* 1-900 telephone numbers.
* No government job ads, unless reviewed & approved by Missouri Press Service.
* No diet pills, drug or diet ads.
* No cruise ads.
* No scholarship/grant ads.
Acceptance of advertising may be subjected to business and/or Better Business reference checks.
Monday August 29th
Nearly all newsrooms monitor digital metrics, but many miss out on opportunities to learn from the data they collect, according to a new survey of news editors and directors by the Engaging News Project at The University of Texas at Austin. Overall, 87 percent of news organizations monitor website metrics like page views or unique visitors, according to the survey of 525 editors and directors from U. Link
Thursday August 25th
The Missouri Photojournalism Hall of Fame in Columbia, Mo., will induct four award-winning innovators and teachers of photography and journalism on Oct. Link
Wednesday August 24th
NNA’s 130th Annual Convention and Trade Show, held at the Franklin Marriott Cool Springs in Franklin, TN, will address pressing business objectives of community newspaper owners, publishers and senior staff with educational sessions and peer sharing activities. Register today! Link
Use digital tools to aid, not replace, solid reporting | https://t.co/2v5fBghdYs
Tuesday August 23rd