The Missouri Press Service, the originating newspaper and the participating newspapers reserve the right to reject and/or edit any ad. Specifically, the Missouri Press Service will not accept the following advertisements:
* No work-at-home advertisements, unless reviewed & accepted by Missouri Press Service.
* Business opportunity and investment ads that do not disclose the type of business to be invested in, and/or the amount of investment required.
* Ads promising large salaries or commissions.
* Any advertising that could be misinterpreted by the readers.
* No 1-800 or 1-900 ads for dating services or talk to guys/girls ads.
* In poor taste, offensive, false, misleading, deceptive or otherwise unacceptable.
* Advertising not in compliance with state and federal regulations.
* Advertising that request money be sent through the mail.
* Advertising that offers employment and equipment offers through listing publications.
* Advertising claiming bad credit repair/fix credit or similar programs.
* Overseas employment.
* 1-900 telephone numbers.
* No government job ads, unless reviewed & approved by Missouri Press Service.
* No diet pills, drug or diet ads.
* No cruise ads.
* No scholarship/grant ads.
Acceptance of advertising may be subjected to business and/or Better Business reference checks.
Friday June 24th
Thursday June 23rd
Register for the MPA 150th Annual Convention and Trade Show before June 30 for chance at dinner for two aboard Showboat Branson Belle! All you have to do to qualify for the drawing is register online or by using the form on the back of the June MPA News Magazine; entries must be postmarked by June 30 to be eligible. Don’t worry, if you have already registered to attend the convention, you will be automatically entered to win the tickets! Don’t wait to sign up! If you register by August 19, you will still receive $75 off your newspapers registration fee. Link
Wednesday June 22nd
Celebrate the 240th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence! Missouri Press, in partnership with The Missouri Bar, has created a new educational feature to commemorate the anniversary and teach readers young -- and older -- about the document that contained the ideas that eventually brought forth a new nation. Click for more information! Link